1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha rx-v1500

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by markeynon, Jan 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. markeynon

markeynon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys,just about to purchase this amp and i have noticed that there is no scart inputs on it like my old pioneer amp.what would be the best way to connect to dvd, tv and ntl.

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi markey, very few AV amps come with scart sockets it seems, a pain I know but the connector is just not used "worldwide" so it's not on many amps.

Mostly if you're using the amp for video switching services you'd use component video or svideo.

For convenience the amp switching is nice, but others prefer not to add an extra device to the video chain that may weaken the signal so connect straight from video source to display.

I have a Yam 750 and Tosh TV. My Sky box and PS2 plug into the TV via RGB scart, the TV stereo preout then goes into the amp and this works well for me as the TV does the scart switching. My DVD player is plugged directly into the TV by component video and directly to the amp by coax digital.

Hope this helps, it's a great amp that I'm sure you'll be happy with.

p.s. Before you buy make sure you look at threads about mail ordering the 750 from germany (it includes info about the 1500) - there are HUGE savings to be made by ordering from outside rip-off britain and many people have now successfully ordered from there. Payment is made in UK currency to the delivery company :thumbsup:

3. markeynon

markeynon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one mango bob,have you got the link for the german site?

4. markeynon

markeynon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one mango bob,have you got the link for the german site?

5. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    less than £450 delivered here using credit card to pay: www.technikdirekt.de.
    I have one in my basket, thinking about it.... ;)