1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RX-V1500 Where is the bass?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by elev, Apr 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. elev

elev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two weeks ago I bought Yamaha RX-V1500, and since then I have playing with the settings. I did read the manual very carefully, I did try every possible setting, but I just can't hear a real, smooth bass, when I play music CD in straight mode. It helps a little bit when I use the tone control and the equalizer, but I don't think the sound is like it should be. If I use a subwoofer, the bass reproduction is improved, but when I select in LFE/BASS OUT option "Front speakers", there is no bass from my front speakers. Before RX-V 1500, I had Yamaha RX-V795, so I know how the stereo sound should be. Then I decided to make a head to head comparison, between the two Yamahas I have. And in stereo mode the RX-V795/five years old model/ win over RX-V1500/new model/. It has more power and dynamic, and the test was made without use of subwoofer. Personal I think the Yamaha RX-V1500 is not for direct stereo music. Don't misunderstand me: It's a great receiver, but only for home cinema.

2. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    i have one of these and it has loads of bass with or without a sub

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    It may depend on your speakers, but I have some B&W P5's which go very low (and goes down to 3 ohms), and on pure direct mode I gain quite a bit of bass. Although you lose the sub with pure direct I prefer it on stereo music recordings. Maybe you need to wait a while for the amp to 'wear in'. Otherwise you old amp might have been a better partner for your speakers, wrt to bass.