Yamaha RX-V1500 upgrade

yammyfan

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am considering a receiver upgrade from my current Yamaha RX-V1500.
Soundwise I am not disappointed but it is limited as it has no hdmi I/O.
I'd also like something with network capability.

I thought about another Yamaha or a Denon unless someone has any other ideas. In stereo it could do with more power too.

I noticed the Denon AVR-2312 can have the rear surround outputs reassigned. Does this mean they can be used to bi-amp my front speakers if only using it in 5.1 mode?

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

What budget have you in mind?

I'd love to be able to say £1000 as I did see the offer on the forum for the Yamaha 3010. I just don't think I could ever spend that much especially as I have limited room for my system. Trying to keep my budget low, around £400-600.

The reason I was looking at the Denon 2312 is its at a really good price and it has all the facilities I think I need. If I can use it to bi-amp my front speakers I'm sure it would have enough power to satisfy me in stereo.

I just don't know if this receiver would be an upgrade sonically. I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thanks

The Yamaha A810 would also be in budget and be worth a look as it is an equivalent level to the denon.

Agreed and it is definately worthwhile looking at the out-going models as you will get a lot more for your money.

The Yamaha A810 would also be in budget and be worth a look as it is an equivalent level to the denon.

Do you think these models with all their gizmos such as the internet radio pack as much punch sonically as the model I want to replace?

I only ask as obviously some expense has gone into fitting all these 'extras'.
I am wondering if its at the detriment to the amplification section. If an upgrade means a sounds downgrade to acquire said functionality I can see me needing to spend a great deal more.

Thanks for the feedback up to now. I look forward to anything helpful people can offer:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom