For Sale Yamaha RX-V1073 (1020 Avantage equivalent) + Antimode 8033S

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Nobbler, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Nobbler

Nobbler
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,991
    I have a 3 week old Yamaha RX-V1073 for sale. It's a black unit and comes boxed as new with everything that came in the box inc setup mic, remote (not used as I have a Harmony), paperwork inc the receipt.
    I purchased this from Peter Tysons so it comes with a three year warranty of which there is over 2 years and 11 months left.

For those of you unfamiliar with this unit, it is the Australian version of the Avantage 1020 without the middle foot. These were sold by Tysons as well as other stores around the country and is a legit UK purchase - Yamaha RX-V1073

There is a dedicated thread on this forum for it here - Any Yamaha RX-V1073 owners? | Page 5 | AVForums - where you will see me singing its praises. Superb receiver in every way with Airplay, 8 in 2 out HDMI v1. Full networking including internet radio and absolute mint condition apart from a tiny scratch on the back by an HDMI input where I struggled to insert a cable. This won't be seen in every day use but best be straight with this. I can deliver for free anywhere in SE England between now and Thursday if that suits anybody.
    I purchased an Antimode 8033S for this along with an Apple Airport Express to get the Airplay and networking properly as well as I couldn't get it working on my router (all works great now with the Express so obviously a router problem). I will sell the Antimode along with the receiver at a knock down price as well - indicated below.

Price and currency: £450 or £570 with boxed Antimode 8033S as well.
    Delivery: Delivery cost is Included
    Payment method: BT or cash on collection

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. wackyraces

wackyraces

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can I ask why you are selling and is the warranty transferable?

3. Nobbler

Nobbler
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,991
    I just had a bit of a nightmare on E Bay and to cut a long story short, I have ended up back with the receiver I sold to get this one due to a damaged box. It's a bit of a pain as I purchased an antimode 1033s and Apple Airport Express to get this up and running properly..l:rolleyes:
    As for the warranty, I've scoured both the a yamaha and Peter Tyson sites and neither mention that the warranty is not transferable. Both say that the original invoice is required in the event of a repair and it hasn't been registered with Yamaha as yet.
    I could do a good deal on the antimode if anybody is interested along with the receiver...?