Yamaha RX V1067 Receiver How to Connect Zone 2 speakers and settings to use

Shan10

Novice Member
Hi there I would like to connect my CD player to my RX V1067 receiver and connect a Bose acoustimass 5 Series III set of speakers...
Any idea what settings do I need to use.
where does my RCA OUT from CD player go into my receiver and how do I configure my Zone 2 to play only the CD

Thanks

sophia

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_123019.jpg
    IMG_20210509_123019.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210509_101516.jpg
    IMG_20210509_101516.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 15

dante01

Distinguished Member

I'd suggest you forget about trying to use the Bose speaker package. You need a proper active sub which you connect to the AVR's subwoofer pre out while the passive speakers are connected to the coresponding terminals on the AVR.

I'd suggest you connect the CD player via either an optical S/PDIF toslink connection from the player's optical output to the AV receiver's optical input or use the AUDIO 2 analogue inputs (labelled CD).

by default 2021-05-10 at 01.26.31.png

by default 2021-05-10 at 01.30.24.png

Last edited:

Shan10

Novice Member

I'd suggest you forget about trying to use the Bose speaker package. You need a proper active sub which you connect to the AVR's subwoofer pre out while the passive speakers are connected to the corresponding terminals on the AVR.
Hi dante
I have already purchased this. and I want to try out the sound as the Music CD sound through HDMI in the AV is not sounding good and thats the reason I like to tryout using this I have the cables for preout to the Bose.
Sophia

Attachments

• Aoustimass.jpg
    Aoustimass.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 16

dante01

Distinguished Member
If insistent upon using the Bose setup then cpnnect it as Bose instruct you to.

I'd seriously suggest you forget it though, resell the Bose package and then go buy a proper standal;one active sub and 5 passive speakers.

Shan10

Novice Member
If insistent upon using the Bose setup then cpnnect it as Bose instruct you to.

I'd seriously suggest you forget it though, resell the Bose package and then go buy a proper standal;one active sub and 5 passive speakers.
Ok Thanks Dante will do

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom