Yamaha RX-V1065BL + Wireless Headphones

austintre

Standard Member
I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V1065BL in a snap decision and obviously did not think it through completely. This is because I have the Sony MDR-DS3000 Wireless Headphones and have always used the optical output on my old Harmon Kardon receiver in order to get the "surround sound" effect of the headphones. Apparently the Yamaha does not have an optical out that I can use for the headphones. . .

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this connected and working right? I am very frustrated at the moment.

Thanks

AcademicBarzo

I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V1065BL in a snap decision and obviously did not think it through completely. This is because I have the Sony MDR-DS3000 Wireless Headphones and have always used the optical output on my old Harmon Kardon receiver in order to get the "surround sound" effect of the headphones. Apparently the Yamaha does not have an optical out that I can use for the headphones. . .

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this connected and working right? I am very frustrated at the moment.

Thanks
Yamaha has built-in surround modes - called 'Silent Cinema'. Available through the headphone port. You don't need an optical connection. These may well be better than the 'surround effect' on your headphones. Worth a try.

austintre

Standard Member
Yamaha has built-in surround modes - called 'Silent Cinema'. Available through the headphone port. You don't need an optical connection. These may well be better than the 'surround effect' on your headphones. Worth a try.

I appreciate your reply!

The Sony headphones have a 5.1 surround sound effect that actually works really well but only when plugged in digitally ie through the optical input vs. the standard analog audio input. I can tell when gaming because I can actually hear people behind me on digital where I don't get that when it is plugged in on the analog signal.

I'm thinking the receiver is going to have to go back.

AcademicBarzo

Have you selected the correct decoders on the receiver? I find the Yamaha effects more convincing than Dolby headphone. Played COD:MW2 with headphones and very accurate placement of effects.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom