• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RX-V1065, S-Video or not?

bbasra

Established Member
Hi,

I'm finding different pictures\specs of the the new Yamaha RX-V1065, some with S-Video input (AV5) and some without.

Can someone please clarify this for me.

TIA.

imilne

Established Member
Yes, my UK model has a single s-video input on AV5. Didn't even notice it until your post, as all my pre-purchase reading had suggested s-video had been removed.

I've just looked at the (paper thin) UK manual, and it's in there too, although I'm not sure if you can find the UK manual online yet though.

bbasra

Established Member
it's misguiding how some 1065's have it ie UK and some don't ie Canada.

I've even seen a UK website selling the 1065 and not mentioning or showing the s-video on the picture or spec. :confused:

Do EU models inc a S-Video and Int. Don't.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
It's not uncommon for UK (European) sites to use photos taken from a US (North American) version of a product. This is often done when a European version is released later, as it allows the web site to display a picture before the competition. The downside is the display of the wrong connectors (e.g. DAB vs Sirius).

The German Yamaha web site also lists 1 S-Video input.

Last edited:

bbasra

Established Member
Mines is being delivered on Monday. Will post feedback once it's all connected up.

bbasra

Established Member

bbasra

Established Member
Recommendations from this forum and the budget.

I only bought the 3805 as i knew someone working for denon therefore got 50% RRP therefore paid £500 for it. He don't work there anymore.

The setup in my sig is connected in my bedroom and didn't want to mess around with it as it's all working and connected up so thought i just but a new amp. Hopefully i won't regret it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom