• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha rx-v1065 + Kef 2005s

Ryan10987

Established Member
Anyone got an idea on wether these two would pair together well? Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Ryan.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The 1065 really needs better speakers than the Kefs to get the best from it. However, they will work fine together and it will give you an easy upgrade path for the future i.e. get better speakers!!!!

Ryan10987

Established Member
Thanks psm1, I am gradually upgrading amp then speaker, amp then speaker with the help of upgraditis... What would you say would be a good path to move on to with new speakers within a reasonable budget as my balls *cough* I mean purse strings are tied lol. Is the amp considered relatively good? And relatively future proof?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The amp lacks 1.4HDMI but unless you plan to go to 3D this will not be an issue. Other than that it has pretty much all the features you will need from a reciever and has to good amplification too.
As for speakers I would be looking at the Monitor Audio Radius or Apex ranges or B&W M1 if looking a small speakers. Or if can move up to standmounts or floorstanders then look at the Monitor audio RX range or Focal 700/800 series or Kef Q series.

Ryan10987

Established Member
Thanks for your advice... I'm not bothered about 1.4 hdmi as I am anti 3D! But I am debating over different amps I can get for around the same price like the marantz 6003 both appear to be relatively similar the marantz slightly cheaper though... I just hope the is no hdmi 1.5 on the way, with features I may actually be interested in unlike the headache of 3D!

Thanks again, Ryan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom