Yamaha RX-V1065 HTPC problem

mike.hutch

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I've been setting up my equipment today, I have an HTPC, an Xbox 360 and PS3 going through a Yamaha RX-V1065 to an Epson TW3500 projector.

When plugging everything in to the amp via HDMI and on to the projector via HDMI the PS3 and XBOX are fine but the picture on the HTPC shrinks to give me a large black border. The settings on the HTPC say it is in 1080p resolution, but the image does not fill the screen. if I plug the HTPC directly into the projector its fine, I've tried swapping leads but its still the same. I've looked at the settings on the RX-V1065 and the resolution is set to through. I've posted this here at the problem on shows when connected to the amp. Any ideas anyone? Its got me stumped!

What GPU are you using in the HTPC. If it's an Nvidia card there are settings in ntune to adjust the desktop size, I'm sure there are similar settings for diffrent cards like ATI and Intel onboard gpu's

Its a ATI Sapphire HD4770 card. I can't find any setting to adjust the size anywhere. I'm going to try different drivers to see if that helps, although I can't see how it can as it works perfectly connected directly to the projector.

I had similer problems when I used a 3650 in my HTPC, I was running that through an Onkyo TX-SR 606. I finaly gave up on that and used a 9800GT instead that was much easier to setup. When I changed my HTPC from the Thermaltake to the Silverstone I needed a shorter card so went with a new 5770 which so far has been awesome, picture size and sound passthrough has been better than both of the previous cards.

Sorted it I think. I've found a setting in the ATI Catalyst to adjust the overscan so I have stretched the picture to the edge of the screen. Seems very odd to me though that the amp messes with the picture size. I'm not sure yet if it degrades the picture quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom