Yamaha RX V-675 help

kircough

Standard Member
Hoping for some advice here. I’m brand new to the AV receiver scene and just picked up a RX V-675 for use with a new 4K Samsung TV and Xbox series X.

Previously I had an old Acoustic Solutions 5.1 set up with sub/amp combined which I ran an optical from Xbox one.

I’m aware that the receiver is only capable of outputting 4K at 30hz so the intention is to run the Xbox directly to the tv and pass the sound from the optical out on the tv to the amp. Or have the Xbox going into the amp at 4K 30fps.

When I first set it up I connected it up, and put on a dvd just to test the sound and it worked ok. I think I had Xbox HDMI to HDMI 1 on the amp, HDMI out on the amp to HDMI (e-arc) on the tv.

So I disconnected it all and no matter what I do, what combinations of connections, I cannot get any sound at all. I fear I may have messed with settings to the point of knackering it all, but have tried a factory reset and start from scratch to no avail.

TLDR: I don’t know what I’m doing.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom