Yamaha RX-V 483 video image issue

Gravious

Novice Member
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can give me a steer on an issue that has just cropped up with RX-V 483 after 5 years of flawless operation.

I have suddenly started to get an intermittent loss of video image on all sources (except TV) when watching the source via the receiver. After a few minutes watching the video will drop out, leaving me watching the TV's default 'no source detected' screen. If left long enough the image will return, only to then drop out again shortly afterwards. In all cases the audio is fine.

My first thought was 'cables' but it would be odd for all of my cables to become faulty at the same time. Also, if I switch the receiver off the sources all play perfectly on stand-by pass-through, so I'm suspecting that my Yam has developed some kind of hardware or software fault that is intermittently affecting the video processing.

For info, the TV is a Samsung UE55RU74770U, set up with HDMI control, standby sync, and ARC enabled.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:

Gravious

Novice Member
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can give me a steer on an issue that has just cropped up with RX-V 483 after 5 years of flawless operation.

I have suddenly started to get an intermittent loss of video image on all sources (except TV) when watching the source via the receiver. After a few minutes watching the video will drop out, leaving me watching the TV's default 'no source detected' screen. If left long enough the image will return, only to then drop out again shortly afterwards. In all cases the audio is fine.

My first thought was 'cables' but it would be odd for all of my cables to become faulty at the same time. Also, if I switch the receiver off the sources all play perfectly on stand-by pass-through, so I'm suspecting that my Yam has developed some kind of hardware or software fault that is intermittently affecting the video processing.

For info, the TV is a Samsung UE55RU74770U, set up with HDMI control, standby sync, and ARC enabled.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I should also add that all firmware is up to date, and that I haven't yet tried a factory reset; hoping to avoid the latter unless as a last resort

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom