Yamaha rx v-465 remote not working

stevie79

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The batteries on my rx-v 465 remote died, when i replaced them the remote never worked? The red transmit light is always on. pressing the code button should make the transmit light blink twice so i can resete it but nothing happens.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you tried leaving batteries out for ten mins.

Ok tried leaving batteries out. No joy, red transmit light still on remote.

Harmony remotes are compatible with any device that uses IR. If the device isn't in the database (unlikely) you can simply learn from the original remote.

Sounds good. It wont learn much from,my remote. Will this remote control everything, TV, freeveiw, projector.?

Yup. Universal programming remote can control nany devices. I prefer URC remotes over Logitech though.

PS3 is Blutooth, only official Sony BT remote will work, unless you use a USB IR receiver.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What's the big deal with the harmony one, what would make me buy this, as you can tell I'm not clued up on remotes. :)

They are relatively easy to program using the web-based software. You basically add your equipment from the database and then create activities adding each device that will be used in that activity e.g.:

Watch Sky
Devices - Sky+HD, AV Receiver, TV

It will turn on all those devices and select the relevant input on the AV Receiver (HDMI plus digital audio - assuming you have assigned the inputs so they match) and the TV

Within this activity, you can change channels or access favourite channels using SQUAREEYES icons, access the EPG, Services etc. and adjust the volume on the AV Receiver. Job done.

There are tips here, most of which I have used for custom shortcuts etc. You can get the basics up and running within 30 minutes and then tinker away to customise it at your leisure. If you have any problems with setup or operation, there is a lengthy thread in the remotes forum and Logitech support are excellent.

Ultimately they simplify your setup and get rid of coffee table clutter.

What's the big deal with the harmony one, what would make me buy this, as you can tell I'm not clued up on remotes. :)

I'm controlling 19 devices with one single remote. One remote can switch everything on and off, certain things on & off, send macros to switch specific items on the correct input.

I never need to manually switch items on or off or switch inputs (except physical power buttons)

Sounds really good. Wow 19 devices. This would be really handy especially if I could get the ps3 adapter as I use the ps3 for bluray all the time. It would be good if it works with projector to as I'm always hunting for that one its tiny.

also because it's the same shape, you no longer have to remember where set buttons are, ie "menu" as it's always in the same place.

I would recommend a LCD & hard button remote. Had full touchscreens, they're crap.

Have URC MX-850 remotes, bought three of them for £100! (total not each!) brand new. They're about £300 EACH.

Not as posh as the very lastest remotes, ie don't have two ware, no colour LCD screen, wireless network etc.

So potentially I can press 1 button which would turn on TV. Freesat. Amp and cbeebies all at once?

Yup. And any more you need, I think mine has 99 steps per macro. But I wouldn't have a "watch ceebies macro" If I were to create a "watch TV macro"

1) TV power on (dedicated power on, not on/off cycle)
2) Amp power on (dedicated power on, not on/off cycle)
3) Freesat power on (dedicated power on, not on/off cycle)
4) delay x seconds waiting for all devices to power on
5) TV input to HDMI 1
6) Amp input to Freesat

Then in your "watch tv" activity you can create favourite channels ie BBC1 for Sky would be 101. So you don't need to remember 101, just press BBC1.

Also have a "all off" macro which sends discrete power off for all devices (puts everything into standby) I have it putting about 10 devices into standby.

Berries are you telling me your selling remotes? I didn't really follow your post.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom