Yamaha RX-V 2067 - curious sound bleeding issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by catalin, Feb 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. catalin

catalin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Yamaha RX-V 2067 in a 4.1 configuration, front speakers are bi-amped using Yamaha's internal amplifiers. Scene 4 is configured for Yamaha's internet radio, Scene 3 is configured for streaming movies via an Apple TV 2.

I recently noticed the following issue: I listen to internet radio that I start directly by pressing the button for Scene 4 on the remote. I then switch to streaming by pressing the Scene 3 button and I watch a movie or something. I power off the Apple TV. I am still in Scene 3, the TV displays the standard background still image of the Yamaha. I hear a very faint sound from the Yamaha. If I crank the volume up to maybe -10dD and I get close enough to the speakers, I can tell it's the radio station I was listening to before. The sound is very very faint and it seems to come from the tweeters only.

My main concern is if the receiver is trying to do the same while streaming movies and music, then this would cause distortions etc. What can be the problem? I'm positive the connections at the back are solid and nothing is touching anything else.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. spud12345

spud12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Contact Yamaha customer support. If still under warranty, and it should be, they should be able to sort it out.

3. catalin

catalin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nearest support center is 300km away, I would need to mail it there and it will probably take 1 month, too much hassle.