yamaha rx a740! HELP With Zone 2 and Main Zone functions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hairapetyanm, Mar 20, 2018.

1. hairapetyanm

hairapetyanm
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

Just to give you guys a basic setup of my home theater set up, I have a yamaha reciever that both connects to speakers inside the TV Room as well as connecting to the speakers by the pool in order to play music on spotify and pandora.

My question is, how do I set up my TV to audio to play from speakers that are inside the TV room, becuase now when I try to listen to the TV it plays the audio through the speakers by the pool. The installer had set it up in a way where the MAIN Zone is the speakers by the pool and Zone 2 is set up for the speakers in the TV room. Does this have anything to do with it? Should I switch the wires of the speakers for the TV room with the speakers by the pool, in back of the receiver? Please HELP!

All I want is to play my TV audio through the speakers in the TV Room and not the speakers by the pool!

2. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,108
    Yes, switching the speaker wires round on the back of the receiver should work. But, do you just have stereo speakers in the TV room and by the pool, or do you also have some surround speakers, centre speaker, subwoofer?

3. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,130
    Your installer should have configured the receiver to play audio for your TV room while dealing wit the main zone and for the pool while dealing with zone 2. Only the main zone can have a multichannel setup that would be condusive with what you ordinarilly expect with TV or other sources you'd view on a TV.

How many speakers are located outside around your pool? Zone 2 is restricted to stereo and the receiver will only be able to pwer 2 speakers in that zone.