Yamaha RX-A6A No Optical Output: HELP !

Jakey41

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just got my rx-a6a and tonight while setting it up I discovered the Audio Optical Outputs 1 & 2 are not outputting.
Could not find anything in the menus about this to enable or disable it and and how to set it to PCM 2.0 output.
I do not see the red glow emanating from the connector indicating optical output.
I am trying to feed a sennheiser TR-5000 wireless headphone system with it. The Sennheiser system only takes PCM Stereo.
P.S. I updated the receiver to the latest firmware 1.59, and still no optical output.

Any ideas ? THANKS IN ADVANCE !
Thanks !

I don't think the A6A has any optical outputs, from the manual they all look like inputs.

Last edited:
AV receivers don't tend to have optical or S/PDIF outputs. The Optical ports on the A6 are inputs and not outputs.

Use an analogue connection from the zone 2 RCA outputs on the AV receiver to the 3.5 mm jack input on the wireless transmitter.

by default 2022-03-15 at 10.32.36.png

by default 2022-03-15 at 10.36.29.png

Amazon product ASIN B01D5H8KO2
Basically, use zone 2 for headphones if and when using that transmitter and those wireless headphones.

Last edited:
Just got my rx-a6a and tonight while setting it up I discovered the Audio Optical Outputs 1 & 2 are not outputting.
Could not find anything in the menus about this to enable or disable it and and how to set it to PCM 2.0 output.
I do not see the red glow emanating from the connector indicating optical output.
I am trying to feed a sennheiser TR-5000 wireless headphone system with it. The Sennheiser system only takes PCM Stereo.
P.S. I updated the receiver to the latest firmware 1.59, and still no optical output.

Any ideas ? THANKS IN ADVANCE !
Thanks !
They are inputs not outputs.

Edit: Like others have said :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom