YAMAHA RX-A4A vs. MARANTZ SR7015

buddygreenberg

Novice Member
Trying to reach a decision whether to buy the Yamaha RX-A4A or the Marantz SR7015. Would be amazing to get input from ppl in this forum.
I have a SONY A80J TV and will have a 5.1 set-up w/ speakers from MK Audio (M70 front and center. M40T surround and V10 subwoofer).
My primary use will be for gaming w/ PS5 and secondary watching movies.

Yamaha RX-A4A
  • 7 HDMI 2.1 inputs and 3 HDMI 2.1 outputs
  • Great looking remote
  • Extremely big, especially in depth, too big for any cabinet on the market.
  • Not available on the market, hopefully in January 2022, but no guarantees.

Marantz SR7015
  • Available on the market w/ instant delivery
  • Sound better than Yamaha (according to research only)
  • Size is standard and equivalent to industry standard
  • Only 1 HDMI 2.1 input and 1 HDMI 2.1 output (not great for avoiding product to become irrelevant within 5y)
  • Cheap looking remote

Aziz Ismail

What did you go with if you don’t mind me asking? Been looking at the above two & the possibility of a Denon X3700H.

buddygreenberg

Novice Member
What did you go with if you don’t mind me asking? Been looking at the above two & the possibility of a Denon X3700H.
I still have both, but only using A4A at the moment. Feel that the technology is way superior, but waiting for firmware update. Will give the Marantz another try after that.

Aziz Ismail

Yes, let me know your thoughts on the Marantz. Reading that the sound quality is better but i am only going by user reviews/feedback.

buddygreenberg

Novice Member
Yes, let me know your thoughts on the Marantz. Reading that the sound quality is better but i am only going by user reviews/feedback.
I prefer the Marantz sound, it’s much fuller, richer and more movie thestre feeling. Music also sounds beter and like it should. Yamaha is more neutral, flat and cold. However, I wasn’t able to adjust the levels btwn dialogue and effects to satisfaction on the Marantz.

Zante64

Novice Member
I prefer the Marantz sound, it’s much fuller, richer and more movie thestre feeling. Music also sounds beter and like it should. Yamaha is more neutral, flat and cold. However, I wasn’t able to adjust the levels btwn dialogue and effects to satisfaction on the Marantz.
I'm trying to decide between the same models right now. Have you been swayed one way or the other yet?
In what way do you feel the Yamaha technology is superior over the Marantz?
Thank you! :)

buddygreenberg

Novice Member
I'm trying to decide between the same models right now. Have you been swayed one way or the other yet?
In what way do you feel the Yamaha technology is superior over the Marantz?
Thank you! :)
I feel that the Yamaha technology is way more up to date and prepared for the future. Marantz feels like it's yesterdays technology and as soon as the new models have been released later this year they will feel expired. Although I really like the organic warmth and depth of the Marantz sound. The Yamaha sound is a lot colder and digital to me.

ED1000

Novice Member
And what about the Arcam AVR11?
Does it compare at all to above or not?
What are they good at ?Arcam?
They have a nice screen but wondering how is the music and movie quality…

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom