Yamaha RX-A4A/A6A/A8A owners thread

whitehart

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thought I would create this thread (couldn't find an owners) , as mine has been confirmed to arrive this week

Hopefully there's a few of us getting ours this week :) if not I'll post pictures etc when it arrives

common question in thread on how to display ATMOS etc

Last edited:
Thought I would create this thread (couldn't find an owners) , as mine has been confirmed to arrive this week

Hopefully there's a few of us getting ours this week :) if not I'll post pictures etc when it arrives
Why just the a6? You ought to have included the other new aventage models.

What people thought on buying this amp needing an update before having full hdmi 2.1, do you think Yamaha will actually do it.

I am a gamer and I need full 2.1 functionality

I’m choosing between the a6a that needs an update to work it a denon x4700 that work on at least one hdmi port with the possibility of having 3 with the splitter ( not sure if this splinter will effect Vrr and alm pass through)

The denon is cheaper and a least does what I need out of the box on one hdmi.

The a6a looks much better and has the possibility of doing everything I need after an update.

What do you think is the better option.

Honestly I have found buying a house easier and quicker than doing this hdmi 2.1 upgrade

What people thought on buying this amp needing an update before having full hdmi 2.1, do you think Yamaha will actually do it.

I’m choosing between the a6a that needs an update to work it a denon x4700 that work on at least one hdmi port with the possibility of having 3 with the splitter ( not sure if this splinter will effect Vrr and alm pass through)

The a6a looks much better and has the possibility of doing everything I need after an update.

Honestly I have found buying a house easier and quicker than doing this hdmi 2.1 upgrade
Connect your console to the TV, use eARC and get whatever receiver you prefer.

The update will give it the 120hz you are after i have the amp today im impressed so far

Connect your console to the TV, use eARC and get whatever receiver you prefer.
Concerned about lip sync issues, the tv is far from the rack and I’m going to have wiring issues with earc, I really would prefer to go down a connecting devices to the amp route

The update will give it the 120hz you are after i have the amp today im impressed so far
I take it your referring to the a6a, I’m concerned with what happens if they don’t come out with the update and how long it’s going to take.

Have you had any confirmations that will do it.

My gut saying to they will and they should have ironed out these problems but I have still got some doubt

I take it your referring to the a6a, I’m concerned with what happens if they don’t come out with the update and how long it’s going to take.

Have you had any confirmations that will do it.

My gut saying to they will and they should have ironed out these problems but I have still got some doubt
I dont think Yamaha could afford another slip up tbh

One thing i noticed im getting a bit of off gasing from the electronics, hopefully it should go after a couple of days useage, i know its not a heat thing as Im currently playing a bit of James Brown on vinyl and the AC infinity fan is telling me my amp is 29c which im happy with

One thing i noticed im getting a bit of off gasing from the electronics, hopefully it should go after a couple of days useage, i know its not a heat thing as Im currently playing a bit of James Brown on vinyl and the AC infinity fan is telling me my amp is 29c which im happy with
Gasing?

Appliances and electronic products, particularly when they're new, are prone to off-gassing. This is because chemicals are trapped or absorbed into the product material during the manufacturing process. Over time these chemicals are slowly released into the air.

I've also noticed that the menu system is far faster than my old RX-V6A, another thing i noticed switching between my pc and xbox (hdmi 4 and 3) it works everytime, on the RX-V6A i'd have to switch the AVR off and on again to get the picture. Generally the AVR seems so much quicker

Appliances and electronic products, particularly when they're new, are prone to off-gassing. This is because chemicals are trapped or absorbed into the product material during the manufacturing process. Over time these chemicals are slowly released into the air.
Ah ok, can't say I'd heard of that before. But at least like you say its only at 29c which is a good sign that it's not frying itself.

What behaviour are you attributing to off gassing. Is it just the way the AV receiver smells?

This process is commonly referred to as off-gassing, and it’s the reason why old electronics and cars don’t smell “new.” While this off-gassing process technically begins as soon as a product is manufactured (again, VOCs evaporate at or below room temperature), the speed at which a product off-gasses is mostly tied to ventilation.

This idea sounds complicated, but it’s straightforward to understand. When you buy a new laptop or phone, it probably isn’t fresh out of a factory. It’s probably spent a few months in the back of a Best Buy. But upon opening the box, your device smells “new.” That’s because there’s very little ventilation inside of a sealed box. Without anywhere for the VOCs to go, they just stick to the laptop or phone.

Some people dislike the smell of VOCs, especially when they’re present on cheap leather products or furniture. These VOC-haters sometimes speed up the off-gassing process by leaving new products outside, or by leaving the windows open in their new car. Remember, ventilation encourages the off-gassing process. If you hate the smell of your new laptop, then don’t leave it in a stuffy room.

Last edited:
What behaviour are you attributing to dff gassing. Is it just the way the AV receiver smells?
like all new devices that are electric you can smell them for a little while till they bed in, nothing exciting - my xbox and ps5 was the same

Concerned about lip sync issues, the tv is far from the rack and I’m going to have wiring issues with earc, I really would prefer to go down a connecting devices to the amp route
Similar, but my TV doesn’t have eARC and the Mrs/Bank Manager won’t allow me to upgrade the TV this year too, as I’m going from a Bose sound bar to a Kef Q Series 5.1.4 setup in our new house.

I’ll be going Sony A80 which only has 1 HDMI 2.1 left over and don’t want to upgrade everything again if I have more than 2 HDMI 2.1 compliant devices e.g Apple TV, PS5, XBox, PC.

All of this is just unnecessarily complicated. Complete mess of this “standard” especially since there is HDMI 2.1 A/B

Last edited:
… don’t want to upgrade everything again if I have more than 2 HDMI 2.1 compliant devices e.g Apple TV, PS5, XBox, PC.
I'd not really worry about the Apple TV. Not too sure why you'd need HDMI 2.1 in conjunction with it. None of the streaming services will be streaming anything you'd need HDMI version 2.1 for.

Anyway, the ATV 4K (2021) is apparently capped at 18Gbps.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom