Yamaha RX-A4A/A6A/A8A owners thread

TheGav

Standard Member
Need some help with my Yamaha RX-A6A

For the ps5 I can’t get 4K HDR to work. I either can choose 4K or 1080p HDR. I can select it if I plug directly into the Sony OLED but not through receivwr

For the 4K Apple TV, I can’t get any video. Just a black screen. I can hear the audio, but no video.

Any ideas to resolve? ☹️

Edit:

The HDMI input on the Sony OLED was the issue. For some reason the ARC HMDI 3 input does not support the resolution. Both ps5 and Apple TV work on HDMI 1.
What model is your Sony TV?

I’m also looking to upgrade to a Sony TV to pair with a A6A.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Set mine up and done the YPAO and sounds good so far, not quite convinced by the display but its in a rack in another room so not an issue.

SWMBO thought it was punchy and a bit more alive than the outgoing one but I have yet to play with any of the new features such as YPAO volume etc. as we have a bedroom above us and tend not to listen too loud in the evening.

Question: if you want to change the settings using the Remote App it seems to send me to the music cast app. How do you stop this?

RobertQ

Standard Member
Set mine up and done the YPAO and sounds good so far, not quite convinced by the display but its in a rack in another room so not an issue.

SWMBO thought it was punchy and a bit more alive than the outgoing one but I have yet to play with any of the new features such as YPAO volume etc. as we have a bedroom above us and tend not to listen too loud in the evening.

Question: if you want to change the settings using the Remote App it seems to send me to the music cast app. How do you stop this?

You can modify settings via web interface (https://IP/Setup), via MusicCast app (select current source and click on settings) or obviously via remote.

Last edited:

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Ah thanks was wondering when I went to just the IP address I got a very basic web settings menu rather than the setup one (which looks to offer all the features of the Windows App)

Is there no longer a cut-down web interface?

xcomp666

Standard Member
On the other hand if you wait a bit, the A6A might make a really good Christmas present for her.. :lesson::devil:
Anyway, I pre-ordered an A6A (my first option) and a A8A ( in case of A6A delayed for too long). If the A6A model numbers weren’t good enough, maybe I will stick the A8A. Man… weird times. It’s So hard get any product on launch date.:(:(:(:(:mad:

whitehart

Anyway, I pre-ordered an A6A (my first option) and a A8A ( in case of A6A delayed for too long). If the A6A model numbers weren’t good enough, maybe I will stick the A8A. Man… weird times. It’s So hard get any product on launch date.:(:(:(:(:mad:
amazingly i managed to get a launch day OLED switch but yeah strange times

majorusa

Ah thanks was wondering when I went to just the IP address I got a very basic web settings menu rather than the setup one (which looks to offer all the features of the Windows App)

Is there no longer a cut-down web interface?
Ipaddress/setup

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Yes that’s great for all the settings but was there a just change the inputs etc and volume control. Or is all that only supported by the phone app

xSLYx

Anyone dealt with sevenoakssoundandvision?
Their website says they've got stock of the a8 but according to trustpilot a few others thought the same and found out differently.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Their website says they've got stock of the a8 but according to trustpilot a few others thought the same and found out differently.

Sevenoaks are a well and long established chain of hifi outlets based throughout the UK. If in doubt then I'd suggest you give them a call prior to placing your order with them.

I'd doubt that they'll have any units in stock given that no one else has any in stock yet.

Last edited:

xSLYx

Sevenoaks are a well and long established chain of hifi outlets based throughout the UK. If in doubt they I'd suggest you give them a call prior to placing your order with them.

I'd doubt that they'll have any units in stock given that no one else has any in stock yet.
Yeah I think a phone calls the best idea. Cheers.

diablo

I spotted the A8 in stock at Sevenoaks on 22nd September. Instantly ordered it and arrived next day. :)

Have used them before several times without problem. Though best to ring them to check stock.

whitehart

I spotted the A8 in stock at Sevenoaks on 22nd September. Instantly ordered it and arrived next day. :)

Have used them before several times without problem. Though best to ring them to check stock.
Ive found them to be a bit pricey in past

diablo

Ive found them to be a bit pricey in past
The A8 is same price as everywhere else.

Though I was looking to get another pair of PSB Imagine XA Dolby speakers and they have increased the price to £399 on their website.

Found them on Amazon at the old price of £279. Though oddly the seller is Sevenoaks online???!!

xSLYx

Nice. Appreciated mate.👍

Barney Gumble

According to their website, Audio T has the A6A:) BUT, I would telephone to double check first:smashin:.

D

Deleted member 911784

I’ve bought from them a few times and they are trust worthy. Any issues and you can return and they will collect. They are very good to customers unlike trash online retailers like Audio Affair and Home AV Direct who need to be avoided at all costs!

gibbsy

I've bought new and open box from SSaV. Reliable firm and I'd purchase from them again. Had no trouble with them price matching either. Same goes for AudioT.

samana

Standard Member
Bestbuy had A6A stock yesterday, I also found on ebay yesterday and bought it there from worldwidestereo, they had 3 stock at the time of purchase

xSLYx

I've bought new and open box from SSaV. Reliable firm and I'd purchase from them again. Had no trouble with them price matching either. Same goes for AudioT.
Cheers for the info, and everyone else, very much appreciated. Peace of mind is high my list when I'm splashing this much dosheroo.

D

Deleted member 911784

Cheers for the info, and everyone else, very much appreciated. Peace of mind is high my list when I'm splashing this much dosheroo.
Same here. I would trust Sevenoaks the same way I do richer sounds, Peter Tyson or Amazon. In my experience you would keep away from audio affair, home av direct and anything online that relates to Curry’s. Also never use PayPal with these low life retailers as they know how to manipulate them. I wouldn’t normally post an opinion of them but having been bit more than once I feel the need to warn others.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton