Yamaha RX-A3080 protection circuitry activated - Any Way to Reset

Rmwanga

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just bought myself a used Yamaha RX-A3080. I connected everything up (I was previously using a Yamaha RX-V781). So I simply removed the old RX-V781 and then proceeded to connect all the banana plugs from the 5.1 surround speakers and subwoofer to the back of the 3080, as well as connected the HDMI cables to the back of the 3080.

I then plugged in the 3080 and pressed on the power on button on the 3080 remote, for about a second it seemed like it was about to power on, but then it powered off and then subsequently when I press the power on/Main Zone button the red light next to the button flashes/blinks red but then doesnt power on.

So it seems I have somehow activated the 'circuit protection' mode, does anyone know how I can reset the receiver so that it powers on normally or, do I have to return it to a dealer/service centre?

Below is a link to the video showing the behaviour if its of any use.

https://photos.app.******/xu5mDaVk5s6xnJnQA

Grateful for any help and or suggestions please.

Not been able to find a way to reset the protection, so might not be available.

Have you tried unplugging it for a bit and then disconnecting all cables from the avr before turning it back on? It might reset it, and it could be a stray speaker wire shorting on the amp case.

Thanks. So I managed to power it on by pressing and holding the AI & Info & Main/Power button, I had to continue holding the power button for it to power on.
However no sound coming through the reciever, video is being passed through.
I then disconnected the reciever and in its place reconnected my RX-V781, and everything worked normally. So I believe I have a faulty 3080. I will send it back to the seller.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom