Yamaha RX-A2A / Sony TV Dolby Vision Support?

dpriest

Novice Member
I just got the Yamaha RX-A2A receiver. I updated it to the latest firmware. When I connected my Apple TV 4K 2021 directly to the receiver and was setting up the ATV it said Dolby Vision was not available/could not be activated but when I connected the Apple TV directly to my Sony 4K X90H TV the Apple TV could activate Dolby Vision. The HDMI cable is 18Gbps which should support Dolby Vision. Is there any know issue with this receiver and DV support?

Kapkirk

Did you read the manual for the Yamaha, you might need to change something in the settings.

southxpaw

Standard Member
I use nvidia shield pro as my streaming box and there’s also a Dolby vision bug on there as well when the hdmi is plugged in the receiver. There’s a black screen with audio. When switching inputs and switching back it seems to fix it. Or when opening the settings menu for Yamaha and closing it also fixes it. I didn’t know whether if it’s nvidias fault or yamahas. But now reading your issue it seems like it’s Yamaha fault. They really need to release an update. This is not a good look

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom