Yamaha RX-A1060 - 2060 - 3060 Owners Thread

I'm at a loss as to why any of the manufacturers are pushing it as being so important?????

Yes it does seem strange. I genuinely misread the marketing blurb and have been about long enough to know better, hence me originally disagreeing with you. I do think it will confuse a lot of end users who don't necessarily appreciate why the black bars are there and just want rid of them. It almost reads like a smart zoom feature from the blurb.

Having said that I am not sure I would really want 21:9 aspect encoded material i.e. anamorphic 1080p or 2560×1080p and then have to rely on scaling of my TV\amp etc. I prefer 1:1 pixel mapping and for 99% of the population watching on 16:9 then its going to be pointless.:eek:

Last edited:
Just set up (or not!) the Yamaha 3060 with monitoe audio silver 6 floor, fx surround, silver centre Kef r50 atmos and w12 sub. I have run the Ypao and now The sub does not seem to work, I have a ! Phase: reverse message on the screen and the sub has a yellow dot on the screen , how do I resolve thins please

For the positioning in the room its out of phase with what its supposed to be.

Check the phase setting on the back of sub it has one of two positions 0 or 180. Normally should be 0 but depending on where its located it may benefit from flicking to 180.

Reverse the setting and rerun the YPAO. Make sure you personally aren't in the way of any of the speakers.

For setup you should also set the frequency to the max cut off (120Hz in your case)

Also leave the power option as On rather than Auto so it doesn't power down and come on part way through the test.

I have run again and I if I look at the wiring in auto set up I now have yellow! Against the two floor standers. And at the top of the scene I have a yellow! Phase:reverse. I must be doing something stupid

The result things says w-1 out of phase
W-3 level error

Get bass out is sub on radio? But doesn't seem to be on sat?

Your subwoofer's gain/volume is set too high. Turn down the gain/volume on the rear of the sub and run the calibration again.

THe phase error can be ignored as long as you check to ensure all of your speakers are wired so that the positive output is going to the positive terminals on the speakers and that the negative terminals on the receiver are witred to the negative terminals on the speakers.

Hi,

I have a 2009 Z7 and am thinking of upgrading to an Advantage 3060 mainly for UHD 4K and the latest HDMI compatibilities.

On my old 2009 receiver I was able to use 4mm banana plugs after removing the plastic safety inserts from the binding posts. Can I still do this on this model or have Yamaha removed the ability for these inserts to be removed in the name of health & safety?

Thanks

Robert

Hi,

I have a 2009 Z7 and am thinking of upgrading to an Advantage 3060 mainly for UHD 4K and the latest HDMI compatibilities.

On my old 2009 receiver I was able to use 4mm banana plugs after removing the plastic safety inserts from the binding posts. Can I still do this on this model or have Yamaha removed the ability for these inserts to be removed in the name of health & safety?

Thanks

Robert

You can still do this with current Yamaha models. Simply remove the bungs as you did with your current receiver.

Your subwoofer's gain/volume is set too high. Turn down the gain/volume on the rear of the sub and run the calibration again.

THe phase error can be ignored as long as you check to ensure all of your speakers are wired so that the positive output is going to the positive terminals on the speakers and that the negative terminals on the receiver are witred to the negative terminals on the speakers.

Yes agree, as per the subs instructions the volume should be set at 10 to 12 o'clock. Try with 10 at first.

It's the frequency not the volume that should be set to the highest position. This is because the AV receiver is responsible for bass management not the sub and so sends the right frequencies to the sub.

The phase on a sub can affect the sound\volume in your normal position so the phase switch can make a difference.

Also you being in the room in the way can do, I have had that, try leaving the room if you can.

Ok I will try again later tonight many thanks.

Hi is there a way to not have sub on during stereo listening. Not had 3060 long, old pioneer sclx58 just displayed 2 front speakers but the 3060 show sub also.

If I go into set up, manual, and remove the sub it changes fronts from small to large which is fine but it's a pain having to do that all the time if there not an auto removal of sub in stereo mode

If I go into set up, manual, and remove the sub it changes fronts from small to large which is fine but it's a pain having to do that all the time if there not an auto removal of sub in stereo mode

Copy your current setup from Pattern 1 to Pattern 2 using the SETTING DATA COPY option in the manual setup settings. Select the PATTERN 2 pattern within the SETTING PATTERN setting within the manual settings. Turn the sub off within the manual settings. Now you need to edit the SCENE assignments so that the PATTERN setting is included within a SCENE when you save that configuration to a SCENE. Go into the SCENE configuration via the SCENE MENU. SElect a scene and then enter the LOAD options and select the DETAIL option. Now tick the SPEAKER SETUP option. If you now save your configurations to this SCENE the speaker PATTERN 2 setup sans the sub will be assigned to this scene and will be invoked whenever you select this scene.

Also note that bass management is bypassed if using the PURE DIRECT mode so the sub would not be used in conjunction with stereo audio whilst using the PURE DIRECT mode.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the info, will give that a go.........looks like direct mode to start with then. So not used to this avr yet, awesome bit of kit I must say and the adjustment screen is far easier than the pioneers just take awhile I guess, spoilt with the 2 pioneers doing it automatically

I have just purchased a A2060 (after previously exchanging the A1060). My set up is a 7.1 system, fronts, centre, surround L&R and surround back L&R. When I use the Dolby digital surround decoder it will not use by surround back channels? When I switch to DTS:X or Neo X the rear speakers work!

On the A1060 both settings were using surround back channels but on this amp it seems to not wanna use them.

Any suggestions?

I have contacted Yamaha and they are also baffled!

Last edited:
I have just purchased a A2060 (after previously exchanging the A1060). My set up is a 7.1 system, fronts, centre, surround L&R and surround back L&R. When I use the Dolby digital surround decoder it will not use by surround back channels? When I switch to DTS:X or Neo X the rear speakers work!

On the A1060 both settings were using surround back channels but on this amp it seems to not wanna use them.

Any suggestions?

I have contacted Yamaha and they are also baffled!

What configuration shows on the amps own screen ?, are the back surrounds there or missing ?.

The configuration is 7.1 but when using a Dolby digital EX or True HD soundtrack that has 7.1 it will display as such and sound as such.
The issue is when I want to activate the pseudo 7.1 channels on a 5.1 soundtrack it will not allow it but when I use a DTS decoder it works perfectly.

Hi,

I am just about to place an order for a 3060 (hopefully), but I would like to know if I can connect a TV and Projector in the same room via the two hdmi outputs. I am sure that I read somewhere online you can and it will not effect the number of channels played. (The projector screen comes down over the TV) hence needing two outputs in the same room.

Many thanks

Hi,

I am just about to place an order for a 3060 (hopefully), but I would like to know if I can connect a TV and Projector in the same room via the two hdmi outputs. I am sure that I read somewhere online you can and it will not effect the number of channels played. (The projector screen comes down over the TV) hence needing two outputs in the same room.

Many thanks

Yes, you can connect both your PJ and a TV using the 2 HDMI outputs within the same room. The second output can be configured to either mirror the main output or be used as a second zone output. You want the former as opposed to the second zone configuration.

Yes, you can connect both your PJ and a TV using the 2 HDMI outputs within the same room. The second output can be configured to either mirror the main output or be used as a second zone output. You want the former as opposed to the second zone configuration.
Thanks for your help, just working on the price, as I want to order one.

Hello, I have a RX-A 1060, can anyone explain to me please why the 'Zone2' indicator remains on even when the AVR is on standby? As far as I can tell I haven't set up Zone 2 yet, so I'm not sure why the indicator is even on in the first place...

Zone 2 can be powered up separately, have you got a zone 2. It could be other remote or web interface that enables it

Ah I see, well I've been experimenting with a few different setups. Currently there's an LG TV connected via HDMI to the AVR, the cable is connected to the ARC ports on both devices. I've enabled HDMI control on both the AVR and TV so sometimes the TV's remote control turns both devices on/off and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure why it's being inconsistent.
I also decided to connect a PC to the AVR's AV2 port to see what happens. Would this be something that would enable Zone2 and interfere the the consistency of HDMI control?

On the AVR's remote control the switch is on Main and not Zone 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom