Yamaha RX-A1040 still worthy? I hope!

Matt M

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all! My first post here. I know its an older model but is the 1040 still a worthy unit for SQ? I installed a new Samsung TV on the wall and am now beginning to upgrade the rest. I got a 1040 I think for a really good price so I jumped on it. I was going to get RX-A750 but opted for the 1040 instead. I know some of the newer models have some new features but thats ok, Im not that high end yet...lol Ive never really invested into quality component's for the house until now. I was a mobile audio guy but am super stoked to get everything up and running. Right now I have my old set of Paradigm Phantom V3 towers I will use as the front mains and am shopping for a 5.1 set to complete the 7.2 package. Open to suggestions on that. Well anyways.. opinions, suggestions, tips for setup will be greatly appreciated!

Matt

Last edited:
Welcome - you're starting almost the way I did, I've built up my system over the last ten years or so, and I'd say the Yamaha is a very good receiver and some way above my first one.

My only advice is scour the classified here for things. You'll find decent stuff and good prices, I've had some very good kit over the years.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom