Yamaha RX-A1030 flashing red light=Goodnight ? To repair or replace?

gazzaboy

Hi guys,
last night my RX-A1030 powered down on its own, red light flashing when I tried to turn back on (I can't be sure, but I might have seen an ominous flash coming from within...) I can power up into diagnostic mode, and the initial message describing the shutdown is consistently PS PRT 142 H. Which from my limited understanding means one of the power supply voltages is running a little high.

So, I've a few questions.
1. Has any one experience or recommendations of getting such a fault repaired, any thoughts on timescales or costs (I know it's a how long is a piece of string question, but worth asking)
2. Just evaluating whether it's worth spending the £££s on getting a repair vs plumping for something like a Denon 2700, it's driving 5xB&W M-1s and a REL T-5, so not too onerous), or equivalent Yamaha (through reading Steve WIthers' recent review, I'm not sure of the price/performance). I don't really need atmos as only 5.1 setup.

As ever, thanks for any thoughts / advice you might be able to give, or recommendations for who to speak to regarding repairs.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom