Yamaha RX-A 2060 Input Switching Issue

chris_f

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,
Having just replaced a troublesome Denon AVR-4200 with this Yamaha RX-A 2030 I am initially very impressed with it.
I have only one input connected to it at present, my Sky Q via HDMI into AV1.

When I switch the unit on, everything works as it should for a minute or two - sound and picture, and then the amp switches to Audio 1 and I lose sound.

If I press AV1 on the remote it returns and remains this way until the next power off/on when it performs the same audio switch over again.

I'm at a loss at the moment. I have pressed the option button and changed the input from Auto to HDMI 1 but that seems to make no difference so I have changed back to Auto.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Are you using HDMI Control and or ARC? This may be causing the issue you are having?

I am using ARC but not on this input. HDMI control is off.

Firstly, ARC cannot be used unless HDMI Control is switched on. ARC is an optional subset feature of HDMI CEC introduced with HDMI version 1.4.

If you did have HDMI Control and ARC enabled then it would make no difference as to which source you powered the receiver up into. If both HDMI Control and ARC are enabled then the HDMI handshake between your TV and the receiver at power up would make HDMI control auto switch the receiver to the source associated with ARC.

Note that you cannot even enable ARC on the receiver without also enabling HDMI Control.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom