Question Yamaha RX-3030

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by robanfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. robanfield

robanfield
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I,ve just bought a MSI GEFORCE GTX 1050 low profile graphics card for my HP SFF PC. After installation the card isnt working. I have removed it and it now seems as if my HDMI board on my YAMAHA RX-3030 has took the knock. I can only play sound through dvd player it was all working until I installed the new card. Is it possible that the company I bought it from in the UK has some form of resopnsibility for this . Is it possible that the new card could have done this with it being faulty. Is it possible to get HDMI output on the avr repaired if so does anybody know of reputable repairers in the UK. I would imagine Yamaha would just want to put a new unit in.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,Rob

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,573
    'Is it possible that the company I bought it from in the UK has some form of resopnsibility for this' - unlikely as any contract will stipulate no consequential loss is covered.

'Is it possible that the new card could have done this with it being faulty' - it is possible that one item can damage another item in the HDMI signal chain.

Source - what happens if you connect it direct to your Display?

System - with the PC disconnected from the system try a full system reboot, you may have to factory reset all devices following the Manufacturers instructions, also update any Firmware which can be updated and then retry the system.

Hot-plug - it is best practice to not connect or disconnect HDMI cables when devices are powered On or in Standby, ideally power all devices fully off at the wall when making connectivity changes.

Joe

3. robanfield

robanfield
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi and thanks Joe, I have tried to narrow it down. I have connected ARCAM dvd to rear 4k port and nothing same with pc. This takes the avr out of the question. Everything works on side ports but only to 1080 as that is the max that the side ports carry. I am in touch with Panasonic and carried out factory reset but still nothing except it affected normal tv when I again reconnected to rear 4k port. All side ports are ok. I have been told that it could be a static build up in the rear 4k port and to unplug tv and try again in 30 mins. So that is what I am doing now. I firmly believe the rear display port/ 4k hdmi port on tv has failed, but I will go through Panasonic procedures and try again. I will keep you informed. Thanks to everybody for their input.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,573
    TV - hopefully a simple fix if it is the rear HDMI Input Board.

AVR - ideally you would try it out with a different Display or direct to the Side (1080p/HDCP1.4) Input on the TV to see if it the AVR is passing a signal.

Joe

5. robanfield

robanfield
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Joe Yes avr works on side port comes through at 1080i 50hz. I have only 2 ports on rear of tv that pass 4k one of which is display port they are close together so I,m guessing its the same pcb. The display port isnt working either.
    I am arranging with Panasonic to get it repaired under guarantee, I will let you know how I go on.
    Thanks again,Rob

6. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,238
    It should be noted that the Yamaha RXA3030 isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant so if trying to convey content that is protected by HDCP 2.2 via the receiver then this isn't possible despite Yamaha declaring this receiver as being able to passthrough 4K UHD. Note that almost all commercial UHD content uses HDCP 2.2.