Yamaha RN 602 Won't Connect To Wi Fi

Duane1205

I have a Fritzbox 7490 Modem Router, and a Yamaha RN 602 Receiver. Getting the Yamaha Receiver connected to the wi fi was a hassle in the first place, and it doesn't seem to maintain the wi fi connection anywhere near as well as the PC and TV that are in the same room. PC, TV, and Receiver are less than six metres from the FritzBox. I had the receiver connected to the wi fi a couple of days after installation, but the connection dropped after a couple of weeks. I eventually managed to get it connected via WEP a few weeks later, but again the connection has dropped. Testing the wi fi signal strength tih my phone shows nothing out of the ordinary. I get a good signal strength, but the RN 602 can't be connected either manually or via WEP. So far, I have:

1. Rebooted FritzBox and RN 602
2. Attempted to connect to the wi fi via WEP and by manually entering the network SSID and wi fi key

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1639204300847.png

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Use ethernet cable(s) wherever possible. They will provide a much more reliable and stable connection to the router.

Try 2.4GHz wifi on the problem TV - it has a longer range than 5GHz. Use different SSIDs on the two frequencies.

Duane1205

Use ethernet cable(s) wherever possible. They will provide a much more reliable and stable connection to the router.

Try 2.4GHz wifi on the problem TV - it has a longer range than 5GHz. Use different SSIDs on the two frequencies.
Thanks for the response. Ethernet cables are always the best option, but not really practical in this instance. I'd be running cables around floors, or drilling holes in a rental. The TV isn't the problem. The Teac TV pretty much serves as a monitor for the PC. Sound runs through the RN 602, and Wharfedale 4.2 speakers. Oddly enough, the RN 602 just reconnected to the network, about 24 hours after posting this issue. You can see it listed below as 'Lounge-Room'. It may stay connected for a couple of weeks, or months. I don't know. That's the issue.

1639336845678.png

Last edited:
Buy a couple of TP Link Deco discs, and set up a mesh wifi network in the rental. Then plug the Yammy into one of the discs via ethernet. I have the RN-402 and on wifi it was rubbish. Plugged into a deco disc it's solid.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
I bought a FRITZ!Repeater 3000 WLAN Mesh which I placed between the TV / hifi and the wifi router. I have had no dropouts since.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom