Answered Yamaha RN-602 problems with bluetooth - please help.

Lausks

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have recently purchased Yamaha RN602 and Dali Zensor 5's for various applications. Connected them to Tv and PS4 but also for streaming music from Iphone 6s.

Im happy with the performance for TV/PS4 and in general it's a great set but when streaming music from Iphone through Bluetooth I get some slight buffering/hickups especially at the start of every track, it's more noticeable with long sets there are quite a lot of hickups.

With normal lenght songs the hickups happen within first 15-30 seconds after that the track plays fine.

I mostly use youtube app on my phone, but same happens through itunes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Apple's implementation of bluetooth has never been that good, they prefer you to use Airplay which your amp has.

Hello cheers for reply, I can't play youtube through airplay I don't think. Been playing around with different settings and music cast but no joy so far :(

Apple's implementation of bluetooth has never been that good, they prefer you to use Airplay which your amp has.

Though I can't comment on the nature of Apple Bluetooth, direct Network Streaming, whether Apple Airplay or DLNA, is always going to be better than Bluetooth.

Also, Bluetooth has a limited distance, 30ft, if I recall correctly, and pretty much Line of Sight.

If you have music on your phone, then you should also have it on your computer, and if you have it on your computer, you should be able to Stream it.

Steve/bluewizard

Also, Bluetooth has a limited distance, 30ft, if I recall correctly, and pretty much Line of Sight

Apple's implementation of Bluetooth is up to industry standards (other than not supporting aptx on their smartphones) and no worse than any other smartphone.
I have an iPhone 6+, a 6S+ and an iPad Air 2.
Music from any of these devices via Bluetooth to Bluetooth wireless headphones is faultless when left lying on my living room table over a range of about 80ft and through one partition wall, one outside brick wall to my back garden and through the ceiling to any upstairs room.
Bluetooth is not line of sight.
Where Bluetooth does falter is when there are large metal objects in their path.

Last edited:
Apple replaced two of my company provided iphones because of bluetooth not syncing properly and I have always found it to be flaky with a variety of bluetooth devices. My personal android phone has never had a problem.

Just my experience.

Any help would be appreciated.
You need a process of elimination to determine where the problem lies. So you either need another bluetooth playback device to try with your phone or another bluetooth source device to try with the Yamaha. Preferably both.

Maybe friends can help with loan equipment?

Hello all. I have got rid of the problem by not using music cast. When paired straight through Bluetooth without the app everything works fine. Thanks for your help. :)

Hello all. I have got rid of the problem by not using music cast. When paired straight through Bluetooth without the app everything works fine

You didn't mention anything about using a "music cast" app in your original post.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom