• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha receivers

rominho

The setup I have is the "beginners favourite" AV-63 (RX-V361 receiver + NSP110 speakers).

I would like to update my receiver, specially because it doesn't handle audio through HDMI and it's incompatible with Yamaha Ipod dock.

Which Yamaha receivers can handle audio through HDMI ... I am not really interested in anything above 5.1 so no need to get anything really high end.

What are the Yamaha options for me?

Thanks for your help

kempez

What is your budget?

The DSP-AX763 has some great reviews. I've got it's big brother, the 863 and it's a great piece of kit.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Ex demo 761 maybe? The new 465 might suit at £300. I would def. consider upgrading the speakers too to maximise the impact of your investment, the NSP110 only really suit a bottom end amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom