Yamaha receiver turns itself back on after turning off?

cougartrace

Standard Member
Reaction score
My father has a Visio TV, a Yamaha RX-V465 receiver, and Xfinity box. He has a Bose sound system going through the receiver and of course the TV goes through the HDMI on the receiver.

He has the XFINITY all in one remote. When he presses the power button on the remote, all devices turn on (tv, receiver,etc). When he hits the power off, all devices power off. However, a couple of minutes later, the Yamaha receiver turns itself back on.

Any ideas?

More likely than not it is CEC related. CEC is so unreliable that odd things do certainly happen.

I would turn that off on the TV if it's restarting. You could use it in a couple of days and it will work fine, CEC is really that fickle.

My father has a Visio TV, a Yamaha RX-V465 receiver, and Xfinity box. He has a Bose sound system going through the receiver and of course the TV goes through the HDMI on the receiver.

He has the XFINITY all in one remote. When he presses the power button on the remote, all devices turn on (tv, receiver,etc). When he hits the power off, all devices power off. However, a couple of minutes later, the Yamaha receiver turns itself back on.

Any ideas?
My TV was doing the exact same thing under the CEC on the TV there's a auto sync power on turn that off, that solved my problem I hope that helps you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom