Yamaha rd v385

yamca33

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am befuddled by a glitch in my AV setup. I have a Yamaha rx v 385. I have one hdmi input, a fourth generation Apple TV. It has worked perfectly for more than a year. My tv relatively new Samsung 55 inch.
it has all worked great, I use apps on Apple TV for cable and for streaming services. Suddenly the Apple TV video is leaving the Samsung wall paper exposed at the bott9m of the display. It’s the same for all apps. I tried the Apple TV on a different tv, it displayed fine, full screen. I tried a different source through hdmi to the tv, it was also fine. Is it possible that the Yamaha receiver is now somehow altering the 8mage? I reset the Apple TV, also the Samsung. No change. Could it be the Yamaha that is somehow got an issue?

I am befuddled by a glitch in my AV setup. I have a Yamaha rx v 385. I have one hdmi input, a fourth generation Apple TV. It has worked perfectly for more than a year. My tv relatively new Samsung 55 inch.
it has all worked great, I use apps on Apple TV for cable and for streaming services. Suddenly the Apple TV video is leaving the Samsung wall paper exposed at the bott9m of the display. It’s the same for all apps. I tried the Apple TV on a different tv, it displayed fine, full screen. I tried a different source through hdmi to the tv, it was also fine. Is it possible that the Yamaha receiver is now somehow altering the 8mage? I reset the Apple TV, also the Samsung. No change. Could it be the Yamaha that is somehow got an issue?
I just connected the Apple TV directly to the Samsung and it displayed properly. So the only two possibilities now, since both the Samsung tv and the Apple TV are able to display when not going through the Yamaha av receiver, is that something is wrong in receiver handling the video signal. The receiver lives in a spot that is out of reach, I control it fully through the Apple device.
the only other possible thing is an hdmi cable issue? I can go searching for the Yamaha remote, but it is in a box and hasn’t been used since the initial setup.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom