1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha PDM 4210- any good ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by skinnyfat, May 19, 2005.

1. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, hope some one can help.

In South Africa, the choice of plasma screens available is limited. I've looked at a few models from LG, Samsung and PVision but none of them really grab me as great. I dont want to buy budget and end up with a crappy picture so i'm prepared to spend a little extra. My friend works for Yamaha SA and is able to get me a Yamaha PDM 4210 for cost plus 10 %. Is this plasma any good or should i be looking elsewhere?

Thanks for the help

Skinny

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't anyone have any experience or knowledge of the Yammy ??
    If anyone does, please any opinion welcome !!! :lease:

3. Minayr

Minayr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe this is maybe a re-badged Hitachi 42PD5200 screen. So if you look on the Hitachi Thread at the varying opinions positive and negative on that screen (Alis , SKY HD etc.) it will give you some relevant info. I have the 37” version on the Hitachi and am/was reasonably happy with it until it recently developed a fault, so reliability is also an issue maybe Yamaha have a better record.

4. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice

Managed to find a review where they compared the yammy with the hitachi amongst others and they did seem to think it was rebadged hitachi but with some components changed by yamaha to improve reliability.

I will look through the threads

Skinny