1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha or Denon for Kef eggs??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RallyofDiscover, Nov 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay - I'm new to all this I may as well come clean I am totally confused by the whole thing! But I have A Tosh SD220 and am thinking of the following set up TV Phillips 32" 9527 or 9617, Kef Eggs and either Yamaha 630 or Denon 1803 I have heard the Kefs demo'd and thought they could do with a bit bit more oomph (any other speaker suggestions welcome). I have been told another sub could be used - any advice on any of it welcome. i.e lowest price dealers, best equipment mix etc

2. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and they sound great to me. I used to have the Denon 1601 and the yammy 630 is fare better sounding with my eggs.

hope this helps

CaM

3. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a bunch its looking like the YAMAHA
    thanks again:D

4. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think thats a good choice. And don't worry about the sub either - it sounds fine to me.

Also, check out this link for setting the yammy as the manual isn't that great on detail if you are not experienced.

http://www.dolby.com/ht/Guide.HomeTheater.0110.html#s4.7

btw; I got mine from richer sounds (give them a ring) for 289.

thanks

Cameron

5. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cameron,

Thanks a lot i really appreciate the help thats the Amp sorted -now if only i could decide what 32" tele to buy. Before i came across this forum i was decided on the Phillips 9527 or 9617 but having read all the responses i'm not so sure now, What set up do you have?

Ian

6. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a sim2 dmf (color red) projector - projecting on a 60 inch screen. We sold our 2 tv's and I'll never get another tv again.....

Its an expensive option but once you saw it you would understand why :)

good luck on your tv hunting though

CaM

7. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Cam I wish my budget allowed still i will get something much better than my 10 year old Panasonic A1 Prism for around £1000 !!

Ian

8. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Sounds like you're on your way to getting the same system i'm looking at!

I've already got my Philips 9527 and am more than chuffed with it. Soooo much extra detail with the pixel plus technology.

Have you got the system yet? I'm looking at the eggs and the yammy 630 and am very very tempted...

9. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Knoxy,

I now have the Yamaha, the Tosh and Kef KHT2005 plus extra speaker for 6.1 and all the interconnects I am trying to locate stock of the Philips 9527 before christmas!! however I have not yet connected up yet!!

From my experience (I'm sure others can advise) of looking for the best deals I bought the Tosh and Yamaha from Richer Sounds and the KEF's from Ikon (www.ikonavs.com) where Mark helped me out. Very helpful and professsional and pleasant suprise price wise:D :D

I will be dead meat if the other half is not REALLY impressed with set up as she wanted a Sony all in one - so much neater!:eek:

I will keep you posted !

P.S. Where did you get you're TV??

10. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Got my TV from Empire Direct - very good price - think it was around £800. Last time I checked, QED bettered Empire's price.

OK, now to check out that site where you got the eggs (can I really spend that much on speakers...?!) - Hoho, just know my girlfriend would go ballistic if she knew I spent that much on them...

11. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Knoxy,

Now all connected up - All I can say is i'm so glad i didn't buy an all in one solution - no comparison. The Eggs sound brilliant. I am no expert and have not heard all the gear that is talked about on these forums but :eek: even the girlfriend agrees that its much better than the Sony but now its too loud!:rolleyes:

oh well you can't win them all!

Go on treat yourself its Christmas!!

Ian

PS Tele is going to have to wait to January - Nobody had any stock!