1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha NSP220 - Any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kamza, Jan 19, 2003.

1. kamza

kamza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just ordered the Pioneer DV454 and VSX-C100 combo and now looking for speaker options.

I decided to stay clear of the Pioneer S-V40's as I was not impressed with them (the sub was a but on the weak side).

Budget's about £200 max and possible options are Yamaha's NSP-220 (the one's to got for according to a friend) or the Eltax Cinema 5.1

Suggestions please?

Thanks

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi zeenokam
    I had the nsp 220 speaker pack' its ok with movies but pretty crap with music.Empire direct sell the mission cinema 6pack for £180 which is a much better option than the yam package.
    hope this helps gonzo.:)

3. Chairman

Chairman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the NSP320 pack (bigger fronts and bigger centre I think) with a Tosh SD210 and Pioneer VSX-C100. I'm pretty happy with the set-up, which is in my study. I got them for £150 from a Miller Brothers shop, but they can be had for a liitle over £140 from Unbeatable.co.uk. I'm no expert but I think the sound is pretty amazing, especially the base. But as Gonzo says, it's not very good for music. However if you play about with the settings it is acceptable. As it's not my main source for music, I'm not too bothered.

4. kamza

kamza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the input guys.

Meant to mention though that the wife's got a major say in the colour of the speakers in that they have to be silver! (All you single guys out there who are getting married soon...but all the kit you want now !!!)

May have to up the budget a bit..Home Cinema Heaven are doing the Tannoy FX5.1's for £299...thoughts on this kit anyone?

Again, thanks in advance

5. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the 220s with the HTiB-45. I think they are okay for the price. They sound fine to me, but break up a little on full volume.

It seems you are a bit limited if they have to be silver on that budget. For a bit more you could get the Mission FS1 set. Very wife-friendly.