1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha NS-p100 have I made the right choice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jimbob19, Dec 16, 2004.

1. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    After some advise , have just bought the above speaker package from Richer sounds and opened the box . I will be matching these with a pioneer VSX-C100 , and I was after a good all round home cinema experience as well as good all round hi-fi quality.
    Would there be much noticeable difference between this set up and say tannoy FX5.1's instead ?

If there is would Richer sounds take them back seeing as how I have opened the box ?

Thanks

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    The Tannoys were alot more at rrp, AFAIK. Tannoy generally make good speakers. No experience of these but I'd rather have the Tannoy set given a blind choice. Sub will be better for a start and they look nicer to boot. AFAIK, RS are okay at taking stuff back if you're not happy - and are willing to spend more cash ;)

Mike.

3. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I have the NSP 100s in the bedroom system, and while not bad for the price, they are not in the same league as the Tannoys.

The Tannoys at the price Richer Sounds are selling them at are a bargain :), and I believe they can be had even cheaper :) Have a search on this forum for the Tannoys, I'm sure someone posted a link.