Yamaha NS-E80 speakers any good?

Colin151

Hi Guys, am new here. I am looking for a pair of flat type rear speakers to hang on the wall from self tapping screws.

Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Yamaha NS-E80 speakers?

I can't seem to find any information on them apart from their specs from the Yamaha site. I can only find info on the NS-E105 speakers, (they cost £110 new about ten years ago) - I am interested in them but can't find a pair for sale at the moment. According to the specs the NS-E80's are a bit smaller and have a bit less bandwidth than the NS-E105's. Are they older?
Does anyone know if the NS-E80's are as good as the NS-E105's or would I be better waiting and look around for some E105's?

I am not looking at the NS-E103's as they don't have a tweeter so I assume they would be no good for DD/DTS rear signal as they would be cut off at the top end.

Or are there any other speakers of this type of size (no more than 100mm deep) that could hang on my rear wall? I don't want NXT type speakers as I hear they don't blend well tonally with conventional speakers (my fronts)

My main speakers are Proac Studio 125's main pair and B&W LCR60 Centre driven by a Denon AVR3802.

If anyone could help me with some info that would be great.

Colin151

Many thanks,
yes the Mission range are nice and ideal really, - it's just that the Yamaha's can be had a fair bit cheaper secondhand.

Are the NS-E80 or NS-E105's any good? Or should I be looking at the Missions for suitable small wall mount rear speakers?

C

cinema-man

hi there

i use the yamaha NS E105 for rears and i love them.:)

pepster01

Standard Member
Hi Guys, am new here. I am looking for a pair of flat type rear speakers to hang on the wall from self tapping screws.

Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Yamaha NS-E80 speakers?

I can't seem to find any information on them apart from their specs from the Yamaha site. I can only find info on the NS-E105 speakers, (they cost £110 new about ten years ago) - I am interested in them but can't find a pair for sale at the moment. According to the specs the NS-E80's are a bit smaller and have a bit less bandwidth than the NS-E105's. Are they older?
Does anyone know if the NS-E80's are as good as the NS-E105's or would I be better waiting and look around for some E105's?

I am not looking at the NS-E103's as they don't have a tweeter so I assume they would be no good for DD/DTS rear signal as they would be cut off at the top end.

Or are there any other speakers of this type of size (no more than 100mm deep) that could hang on my rear wall? I don't want NXT type speakers as I hear they don't blend well tonally with conventional speakers (my fronts)

My main speakers are Proac Studio 125's main pair and B&W LCR60 Centre driven by a Denon AVR3802.

If anyone could help me with some info that would be great.

bit late but if u still interesting this guy is selling them on ebay Yamaha NS-E80 Surround Speaker 50watts on eBay (end time 15-Nov-09 13:19:31 GMT)

Suave

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Ironically, I have a set of brand spanking new (sealed box) Yamaha NS-E80's that I do not need if you are interested!

Suave!

KUBBY

Standard Member
And, I am sure that you will create an advertising thread in the Classified Section and let the us know of its existence,so that any trading can take place there and not here,(Especially not by PM )wont you Suave?

K.

Last edited:

Suave

Distinguished Member
And, I am sure that you will create an advertising thread in the Classified Section and let the us know of its existence,so that any trading can take place there and not here,(Especially not by PM )wont you Suave?

K.

Hi,

As always!

Suave!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom