Yamaha NS-BP300 for Home Theater?

N

newguy17

I'm looking for some help out there.

I am looking at Yamaha NS-BP300 bookshelf speakers for my home theater system. I'm trying to setup a 7.1 systems probably with a Yamaha RX-A1000 receiver.

I am a newbie at this stuff so I am not sure if these speakers are good, bad or what.

I can get them for a good price so that is why I am looking at them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey,

As far as receivers go......yamaha is a great and established brand, but speakers are not their speciality.
Those NS-bp300 would be ok if you had some sort of entry level AV amp.....but you have Advantage line, so those would have to be almost given.

I think, even if you are building a 7.1 set in steps, you should imagine that you're buying the set all in once.....so when you complete it you'll have a "same brand/range" speaker set and not a collection of bargains that don't match with each other. Specially the fronts and centre channel should be from the same model. The sub can be from any brand.....the bass don't have any sort of tonality or directionality.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply,

So I had a chance to listen to a set of the speakers in question, powered by the RX-A1000, and they sounded pretty good to me.

Maybe I'm just not that picky? After all this will be my first high end receiver.

Are you saying as long as I stick with a Yamaha center and surrounds I should be ok?

(...)
and they sounded pretty good to me.
Of course they did.....with that amp....no wonder!

(...)
Are you saying as long as I stick with a Yamaha center and surrounds I should be ok?

Not necessarily... i was trying to say that the A1000 deserves a better 5.0 set.....and when you chose your first pair you should stick to that brand and range.

Suggestions:
- Monitor audio Silver RX line
- Kef Q Series
- Tannoy DC series
- B&W 68X series

Don't take this the wrong way but you're being cheap.....those yamaha's are way lower than a 100 quid (new) on several places. What's that "special" price you're been offered?

Try to ear more options (to realize, by comparison, how good those yamaha's really are) and consider the used market if you're on a tight budget.

good luck

Well maybe I am into a price range with that receiver that I wasn't intending on.

I guess I am looking for something that is better than home theater in a box, but not looking for top of the line...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom