Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Yamaha NS-225 performance

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Zacabeb, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've had a look at the Yamaha 225 PMD series to replace my current mishmash of speakers, but I haven't found much additional info on them besides the specs. Today I had a brief listen in a shop, but even though they gave me a good (read: not outright bad) first impression, it doesn't really tell much about the strengths and weaknesses of them. I'm particularly worried they have a shrill upper end and that the upper bass/lower midrange will suffer from the small size of the elements.

What makes me interested in this system is basically the slim size of the speakers, as I don't have the space for larger boxes. Still I would prefer floor standing speakers for the sides over tiny satellites, so I won't have to chase around for suitable stands.

My listening room is very tiny and alas perfectly square (about 3x3m), and I certainly won't be listening at deafening levels, so there's no need for beefy speakers. The receiver they will be hooked up to is a Yamaha RX-V2500.