• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question yamaha musiccast, mix wireless and wired speakers?

mclingo

Distinguished Member
Hi, on the latest Yamaha RX amps, does anyone know you can add ATMOS wireless speakers to a surround wired speaker setup using the music cast option, or can you only use one wired or wireless and have a mixture?

Issue is I currently have 5.1.2 (wired ATMOS front heights), I want to add two rear ATMOS heights but cant easily get wires to them accross the lounge without going into the ceiling, which i'm trying to AVOID.

dante01

Distinguished Member
MusicCast can only be used to replace the surrounds and cannot be used to facilitate wireless Atmos speakers.

Free and Easy Placement
Wireless Surround Speakers

Combine this AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speaker and enjoy the amazing convenience of creating a home theatre with wireless rear speakers. What’s more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup. Easily turn your current living room into a special entertainment environment where you can fully enjoy movies and music.

snapshot001.jpg

In a 5.1.2-channel or 5.1-channel system, the surround speakers and subwoofer can be wireless.

mclingo

Distinguished Member
thanks for confirming, i created a thread for yamaha rx amps with musiccast to discuss this as well, it looks like only the 20 and 50 will work as well, the 10 wont, neither will the streaming bnox which is a shame as these are the cheapest. I'm looking out for a used 20 pair now.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom