Yamaha MusicCast 20 wall mount screw hole

Geppo

Hi guys,
I was thinking to use the wall mount screw hole at the back of my MusicCast 20 speakers to attach them to my old surround speakers stand.
It would be just perfect.
However I'm struggling to find the right screws: I've been to the hardware store with the exact specification but the screws they gave me don't fit.
Any suggestions? Any link to online shops?

Also I wonder if the specs below are incorrect: they say the screw should be 8mm long: that looks way too short!
Even by looking at the drawing below the size of the screw compared to the size of the speaker looks more like 8cm than 8mm.

Has anyone done this already?
Any help appreciated!

MusicCast20WallMountScrewHole.PNG

Phildick

Hi guys,
I was thinking to use the wall mount screw hole at the back of my MusicCast 20 speakers to attach them to my old surround speakers stand.
It would be just perfect.
However I'm struggling to find the right screws: I've been to the hardware store with the exact specification but the screws they gave me don't fit.
Any suggestions? Any link to online shops?

Also I wonder if the specs below are incorrect: they say the screw should be 8mm long: that looks way too short!
Even by looking at the drawing below the size of the screw compared to the size of the speaker looks more like 8cm than 8mm.

Has anyone done this already?
Any help appreciated!

View attachment 1494737
It doesn't say the bolt should by 8mm long it says it should be screwed into the bracket at least 8mm.

You mentioned fixing the speaker to an old stand, I guess this has a different size bolt hole to what Yamaha are referring to.

Are you in Europe or the USA. If Europe it will be an m6, m8 or m10 bolt.

Geppo

The hole in the stand is perfect.

Thanks for the tip about the different sizes: I'm in Europe and tried a few different ones.

Unfortunately M5 is way too small and M6 is slightly too big.

Looks like Yamaha went out of his way to choose a non-standard size. Perhaps they sell special Yamaha screws for lots of money: really annoying.

simon194

Yamaha insist on using imperial sizes probably to keep the US market happy. There's plenty of 1/4"-20 UNC bolts on Ebay and Amazon.

Geppo

Thanks Simon, yes somebody in a DIY forum pointed out about the UNC/American system. I completely missed it and at the hardware store they had no clue whatsoever.
I'm waiting for a delivery, fingers crossed...

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom