1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha makes Germany stock delivery!!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Vodder, Aug 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For any of you unfortunates to be in the same point as me (see multiple threads, in particular wasabi's guide to buying abroad) trying to get a Yamaha amp from Germany, you'll be glad to know that I received an email from HIFI COMPONENTS saying that they received their stock on Friday!

Not sure any many, what models and if any other companies have them, but at least its some hope!

2. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And they've sold out! :eek: Didn't take long!

Just had another email from hificomponents saying that they've sold out now indefinitely! Oh dear!

This is referring to the Yamaha 1400 - so the others you may be OK with, but this is quite shocking!

3. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wait a sec. Are you telling me that you still have not received your amp from HI-FI Components???? Man they are really one of the worst. Glad I cancelled with them a few months back and ordered elsewhere and since received (a few months ago). Good luck with it anyway.

4. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah! Never received it!!

Without going into it all again (running commentary in this thread http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144585)

The gist of it is that I cancelled order with them 3 weeks ago as Gersdorf had one in stock and reserved it for me. My bank then messed up the transfer, resent the transfer a week ago today and to my knowledge it still hadn't cleared by yesterday.

Last Friday hificomponents got their delivery but then sold out straight away - what I can't confirm from them is whether I would have got my amp anyway as they won't say how many they got and how many other people were waiting in front of me.

So I gambled on having one definintley reserved for me - but as with all my luck with this amp, my bank messed up. Do you know how long it takes German banks to clear transfers? Over here its 3 days but it just seems to be taking forever! ARGHH!

5. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It can take up to 3 days for national transfers e.g. someone transferred to my bank account on Sunday evening and it was in my account this morning (Wednesday). For an international transfer it could take up to 5 days (working) or more.
    Never heard of Gersdorf though. You'll be pleased when you get it. :)

6. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ktng - :thumbsup: - recommended Gersdorf as he got a black 1400 from them, otherwise I'd still be with hificomp.

5 days - hmm - then I guess it won't clear till today or tomorrow at the earlist as my bank sent the transfer at 9am last Wednesday. Definitely then going to be next week now till I get it! :(

Do banks in Germany not show anything on your account until the money has cleared? I know my bank here sometimes will show a transfer on your account even if it hasn't cleared. Obviously thats quite a pain if it bounces as it then gets removed from your account!

I reckon I will love it tho, everyone seems to give glowing recommendations of it! :clap: