1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha LPX-500 service menu

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by RoyBad, Jun 6, 2003.

1. RoyBad

RoyBad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,
    Has anyone found the Service menu on the LPX-500 yet? .. It isn't the same as the Epson TW-100 as there is no Help key to keep pressed down!!...
    Also, has anyone been able to do anything with the Serial port? I asked Yamaha, but they said that "only trained service personnel were able to use it.. blah blah blah"

Cheers,
    Roy

2. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Roy,

No, sorry - can't answer your question but I would like to know as well. Webloader might have some info RE the RS232 port IIRC. Did you want to adjust something specific or were you just wanting to look around?

Also, do you mind me asking where you purchased yours from?

Thanks,

Alex

3. RoyBad

RoyBad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it from 1st Stop Audio Visual - great service and decent price www.1st-stop.co.uk (ask for Pilkesh)..
    just be careful - they don't do refunds and you have to talk to Yamaha directly if you have any issues. They do have a small demo room so you can see if it has dead pixels or not.. I'm yet to find an Epson retailer who will do that.

I just wanted to see if I could control the proj. through the serial port, so I could do it all from a PC. All I get from the serial port is a ":" promp and an Err message when I try anything

4. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I know webloader mentioned that he'd got some info from Yamaha about the RS232... but I don't recall anything more specific. Hopefully he'll pop by and see this at some point.

5. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes I have a PDF which explains the data format, if you drop me your email address i can email it to you.
    by the way the format is completely different from the epson!

6. RoyBad

RoyBad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Webloader,

I just sent you a PM:clap:

7. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    PM'd webloader to get the manual as well :) My email address is in my profile. Thanks!