Yamaha HTR5640 - Worth Buying?

T

top_caty

I hope some of you will be able to help me.

I am considering getting the Yamaha HTR5640 6.1 AV Receiver (same as the RXV440). I have read that it is pretty good but wanted to see what others here have to say about it.

Richer Sounds are selling them for £202 which seems to be a good price to me, but are there any better ones for similar money?

Please share any of your views on this with me, it would be very helpful.

IMO one of the best receivers you can get for £200. My Brother-in-law and father-in-law have recently bought one each from Hispek.com and their well pleased. Good solid build and value for money. Great for movies and not too bad for music as receivers go.

Thanks a lot for the info. Always very helpful to hear what people with first hand experience have to say. Do you know what speakers they have it linked to?

I am considering the Pioneer SV-310-QL Home Cinema Speaker System they are only 5.1 but I was hoping to find an additional surround speaker to use as the rear centre.

how much are you looking to spend on your speakers?? also remember you will need to buy speaker cable.

Looking to spend no more than £180 really but could be tempted to £200 if it was 6.1

I also want to ensure that look nice (wife would kill me is I got ugly ones) and play good Stereo.

I bought 440 from Richer Sounds a couple of weeks ago. Excellent sound, I am very pleased with it. The only problem I had wasnavigating the menus to set the thing up, but I only have to do that once. I would recommend it.

David

excellent amp for the money seen it about at just under £200 though, speakers aren't the best you can get for that kinda money.
Tannoy FX5.1 £189 (RRP £450)

Thanks for the recommendation on the speakers. Will they be good for listening to CD's? they look pretty small.

Any more views? specifically looking at more details for the speakers to use. Should I get the AVP100 or another set?

Thanks

avp100 are ugly looking but certainley have good sound quality for the money.
@ the kind of money you are looking to spend there isn't much thats going to sound any better with music than the sub/sat packages you are already looking at.
The next step for good music sound would be to push up to the Mission cinema M30
:- 4 x M30 + M3c1 + matching sub = about £450 RRP

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom