1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha HTR5550 & Pan E50?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Warnie, Jun 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Warnie

Warnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Pannie E50 dvd recorder and my amp at the moment is the Sherwood 6090 RDS. I need to upgrade my amp so it decodes DTS etc. Does anyone have this amp (The Yamaha that is !) ? Any good?

I also have Tivo and Sky and wondered if this will compliment the set up ? Many thanks. The amp is currently £219 at Richer.

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Warnie
    The yamaha htr5550 is the silver version of the rxv530rds i owned the htr5540 and this was a great amp for the price so you wont go wrong with the 5550. this model has been superceded by the newer model which now have 6 built in amps instead of 5 if your not bothered about 6.1 get the yamy it will blow the sherwood in to the weeds.
    Cheers Gonzo.

3. blackcat

blackcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the Yamaha HTR5550 about a month now to replace my faulty 620, I have to say i,m well impressed with it. The Pro logic 2 decoder sounds crisp and clear and I am impressed with the power of the HTR5550, and I havent even cranked it up yet ! My neighbours are well impressed too !;) I bought the Yamaha Dvd 530 to go with it and they make a nice pair !

4. blackcat

blackcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the Yamaha HTR5550 about a month now to replace my faulty 620, I have to say i,m well impressed with it. The Pro logic 2 decoder sounds crisp and clear and I am impressed with the power of the HTR5550, and I havent even cranked it up yet ! My neighbours are well impressed too !;) I bought the Yamaha Dvd 530 to go with it and they make a nice pair !