Yamaha HTR-6180 "out of phase"

D

doug67

The auto speaker setup consistantly reports my speakers are out of phase but the wiring checks out OK. I have the Bose AM 10 Series IV system

Anybody comments?
Cheers
Doug in Ottawa

The auto speaker setup consistantly reports my speakers are out of phase but the wiring checks out OK. I have the Bose AM 10 Series IV system

Anybody comments?
Cheers
Doug in Ottawa

Do you have dipole type rears? IIRC they will always report as out of phase as they have one driver firing in phase and one out.

I don't know what dipole means. the bose cube speakers are double speakers. One cube on top of the other so that you can cahange the directions to "fill the romm"

I don't know what dipole means. the bose cube speakers are double speakers. One cube on top of the other so that you can cahange the directions to "fill the romm"

Dipole speakers in essence have two drivers, one 'in phase' and one 'out of phase'. This is supposed to give a more diffuse sound to the rears. However, they dont tend to work well, if at all, with automated setup systems, and will pretty much always report as 'out of phase', as well half of the speaker is out of phase!

I have Mission dipole surrounds and they always come up like that on my Denon auto-setup.

I don't know about the cube speakers, but if they have two drivers I suppose its possible they are dipole?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom