yamaha htr-6130 digital input optical issue

A

andreg

FOlks !

I just replaced an old Sony AV receiver 5.1 for a Yamaha htr-6130. I have one issue pertaining the digital input: optical fot DTV/CBL. I am using a Scientific Atlanta box for HD tv which has a digital optical audio output. When plugged in the SOny digital optical input, it worked fine ! now on the yamaha box, I get nothing when plugged in the no. 2 plug, the digital input, optical...why was this working before on an older unit !

I am NOT using the hdmi switching yet as I have on this SA box going directely to my projector...is this the culprit ? no hdmi plugged in, no optical input ?

any help appreciated

ChrisAV

Not sure if this is any help, but on my Yamaha (DSP-AX763) if you go into manual set up, then Input Menu, select source, then I/O assiginment you can assign which optical input you are using).

Chris

A

andreg

thx Chris, I'll look into it. I also found out that I still had the protecting white caps at each end. did not seem to disturb the Sony though...
André

A

andreg

the little white caps at each end were the culprit...what a moron...
thx guys
André

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom