1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha HTR 5640 and Tannoy FX5.1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hooligan69, Mar 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. hooligan69

hooligan69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When i change the speaker db levels on the amp, i can increase it from -20db through 0db up to +10db.
    However when i try this on the Front Left & Right speaker settings, the level only goes through -20db up to 0db, i cannot go into the + settings ?
    I can set my centre and rears to +6db, but cannot change the Front LEFT and RIGHT above 0db
    Ive tried all my connections and they seem ok, sound input is from a Yamaha DVD player through component or SKY + through Optical.

Is this normal... ?

2. hooligan69

hooligan69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heeeeeeeeeeeelp

3. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is quite normal. Are you setting the levels using a sound meter or just by ear? You need set the volume of the front right at quite a high level (75db) and balance the rest to the same level. This is quite difficult by ear but you should be able to get fairly close.

4. hooligan69

hooligan69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to Yamaha today and unlike the surround speakers the front left and right speakers do not go above 0db on sound level.
    At least i know now :)