Yamaha htr-2071 and hdmi passthrough when avr off

jbmouse101

Novice Member
Can't find this question/answer here, so:
Will my yamaha htr 2071 passthrough sky q uhd hdr signals to my TV, using the TV speakers when the avr is turned off. I have scoured the manual and gone through all the yamaha menus but can't find the setting, am I missing something? My TV is a panasonic tx 43hx940b, arc, hdmi 2.2 capable.
Any help appreciated!

gibbsy

If it can then the Panny will show PQ/HDR in the top left hand corner. You can also check by using the menu button on the Panny's remote under picture settings.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The HTR-2071 has no HDMI passthrough in standby capabilities.

This feature is called STANDBY THROUGH on Yamaha models and the setting is ordinarilly located in the receiver's HDMI configurations. The HTR-2071 has no such setting or configuration option.

jbmouse101

Novice Member
Thanks dante01, bought the Yamaha in haste, but at a low price. Wanted dolby vision, hdr10 etc which it has, but the pass through I didn't research. I will have to connect my sky q, blu ray player and himedia media player direct to the tv, and use arc to get surround sound when needed. I also would like dts true master and other sound types, so I will be saving up for a higher spec, possibly marantz slim model. Need a lottery win!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom