1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha HTiB60/65. Ideal for a newbie?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Goatee, Jul 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Goatee

Goatee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I am interested in purchasing the Yam HTiB60/65 home cinema system but before doing so I was hoping for some comments from you guys. It will be my first home cinema setup so I can't see the point in spending too much. However, I do appreciate quality and never buy anything but seperates when it comes to hifi. It will mainly be used for wathing DVD's and very little broadcast viewing. I don't yet have a decent TV but was thinking about the Toshiba 28Z13B, sound good? WIll also be using the whole system alot for watching homemade VCD's/DVD's.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

2. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Yamaha HTIB40 + the DVDS520 at Christmas and I was very impressed with it especially for movies. This setup gives you the option of upgrading later, as I have just done. I've just got the Wharfedale diamond 8 Cinema as I fancied some better sounding speakers. So if you have the room for big speakers you might want to consider them instead.

3. Sozzled

Sozzled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Started with a Yamaha HTIB system and haven`t looked back since.

Made the whole AV upgrade path easier by convincing my better half that she could appreciate better tv sound system etc.

In the end she promted me into my last upgrade!

4. Goatee

Goatee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that info, just what I wanted to hear :D

I was also wondering if the yamaha receiver can be hooked up to me PC for surround sound in gaming etc? I'm assuming that it will connect to my soundcard no problem? Cheers