1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha HTIB45 - any good

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by el bandido, Jul 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. el bandido

el bandido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a Yamaha HTIB45, the new one box home cinema set up. It looks to have everything I need...

Does anyone else have one? Is it any good?

What digital inputs does it have?

Thanks for your help in advance

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. DAV Luvva

DAV Luvva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D :D :D wouldn't dream of arguing with anyone

4. specinv

specinv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one about 2 months ago now and it's been worth every one of the £320 i spent on it.

5. Kentish

Kentish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought the same Yamaha kit.For a normal family guy looking for a good start I cant fault it,its so good even the wife loves it.
    The only thing I would suggest is that you bin the speaker cable that comes with it and get some decent stuff,oh and the rear stands for it I dont think are much cop either.All was easily cured with as visit to Maplins,for cable and stands,makes a big difference and doesnt cost you the earth.
    (Beware of the purist/perfectionist tutting now)

All I can add m8,is that its a damn fine kit,but look around for best price as I have just seen it for £280, but please dont ask me to remember who it was had it.

Cheers

Kentish

6. el bandido

el bandido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, I bought one and set it up last night - absolutely brilliant to my non-audiophile ears!

I would like to change the cables as they do look pretty crap - any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on stands

7. thefunkygibbon

thefunkygibbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    i am thinking of buying one of these too... anywhere thats cheaper than unbeatable/empire that have them in stock too?

also ... am i right in thinking that i can plug my digi cable box into the amp and have the sound for cable coming out of the yam speakers? and also would the ProLogic2 kick in giving me some sort of 5.1 from a nicam source?

oh yeah and also ;) (sorry) as the DTS-ES is phantom, does it support normal DTS also? and do you need DTS-ES compatible discs to utilize the 6.1 phantom? or does it automatically create the middle channel?

cheers

Andrew

8. el bandido

el bandido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as i understand it, you need the 6.1 discs to create dts ex / dd ex

yes you should be able to connect your cable box, but not digitally (cable box doesn't have a digital out). you'll have to use audio interconnects.

pro-logic II will come out from a nicam source, and it sounds really good, but obviously not quite 5.1

unbeatable are crap for service, empire direct (where i got mine) seem to be the cheapest, and i got it 2 days after ordering

9. d.boyd1uk

d.boyd1uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just ordered mine from unbeatable for £320.

how long would you say it takes somebody who knows nothing about home cinema to set it up?

what are the cables like, i really can't buy any more cables, the missus nagged enough as it is, but if you had to purchase 1 cable, which would it be?

what stands do you get, on the photograph, they have the centre on top of the telly, and the 2 fronts attached to the side,vdo you get the stands for these.

10. dazzlew

dazzlew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You get some bellwire speaker cable thats plenty to hook all the speakers up.

The speaker kit also comes with wall brackets for the rears and small squat stands for the front three speakers.

You also get a single RCA lead to connect the active sub to the amp.

You will need to budget for a coaxial connection from DVD to amp, i paid about £20 for mine.

11. Kentish

Kentish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my speaker cable from Maplins,I think its their 69p a mtr stuff.Its plenty good enough,and if you have already set up your Yamy you will notice the difference.It may sound cheap but it sure is good quality cable and plenty thick enough,it only just goes into the speaker clips.

Cheers