1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha Htib 40

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Rathion, Oct 31, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Rathion

Rathion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, this does look like a good starter package, but you did not state your budget. I have had 3 yamaha amps in the past and been very happy with them. These all in one systems are good if you are on a tight budget, i have no idea how the speakers would perform, but if the amp is anything to go buy you won`t be disappointed, plus you can always upgrade the speakers at a later date when funds allow. I don`t know what price you have seen this package at so have a look here, http://store.europe.yahoo.com/qed-uk/22540b.html it might save you a bit, you could then upgrade the cables, because that will let the system down. (bell wire)

:cool:

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Like early Ford cars the HTIB is available in any coulur you want as long as it is black.

I persuaded my neighbour to buy one instead of an all in one DAV and he is pleased with it.

What Hifi reviewed it a few months ago and gave it a good review stating that it was better than any comparatively priced all in one system

Ian

4. Rathion

Rathion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your thoughts and replies guys.

As far as budget is concerned it's not set in stone but I really didn't want to spend more than £500 on the amp and speakers so this fits in with my budget nicely.

I think i'll have to take a trip to town though and see if I can find somewhere with these on display I dont want to splash out without hearing them in person.

As bob007 says at least it's not a "TRUE" all in one with built in everything so upgrade path is still available with little effort.

Also I'm not TOO bothered about the silver/black thing but it helps so I know what colour to get my tosh 210.

Thanks Again Guys

5. WSC

WSC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I actually have one of these systems. I have connected it to a Marantz 4100 (picked up cheap as the new OSE version is out - still v. good) - also multiregion w/o hassle. I wanted a system that I could play music on as well.

It has all the things that I care about - ok you can get S video and PLII with others but lets be real unless you pay serious money or are v. sensitive who cares?

The speakers are OK (although I have put in some £150 floor standers for music as they come across a tad tinny for music and the Yamaha allows a 2nd pair of front speakers). The speakers for film are great as is the sub-woofer (great for the price).

I have a little issue with some hissing when played at 10/11 o'clock volumes. I rang up Yamaha who said it sounded like a fault so I am getting the dealer to have a look. I got it from empiredirect for £357. Provided the hiss can get sorted out then I am a v. happy person.:cool: